Monday, September 25, 2006

So Much to Say, So Little Patience for Typing

My laptop doesn't let me type with the same ferocity as my desktop at home. But ... I'll grin and bear it ... for the public good. Speaking of the public good - I got the news today that I'll officially be volunteering with Pro Bono Students Canada, at the U of S branch (obviously). I've been assigned to a project with another student, and a lawyer, and will be helping the Student's Union Women's Centre at the U of S with some of their legal information needs. I'm am so excited about this, I could spit (but I won't).

We had a FABULOUS weekend. I drove home on Friday with one of my roomies, got to hang with my Sister and Brother-in-Law, got to have breakfast, on Saturday, with my Parents and my Brother, then drove to Banff with my Hubby and BIL, attended the AWESOMELY romantic wedding of some friends of ours (that's us at the wedding to the right, and a picture of the STUNNING location where the wedding itself took place - to the left), came back to Calgary on Sunday, hung out with my family a bit, then hit the road again, back to Saskatoon, with my roomie. Don't even THINK about lecturing me on run-on sentences. Don't even whisper a thought about it.

In Banff we stayed at the same resort that the wedding and reception occurred at, and boy were we both impressed. The rooms were quite nice, and the entire wedding was intimate, and ran quite smoothly. The food was really good, and the dessert was KILLER! We'd rate the Buffalo Mountain Lodge a 4.5 out of 5 for sure.

On the trip back to Saskatoon, my Roomie and I stopped in Hanna for some pizza, where we were propositioned (i.e. asked to dance, asked if we like rodeos/cowboys/things I refuse to mention on the internet, and generally assaulted with distasteful remarks) by a car full of (what I can only assume were) locals. It was awful, and we scurried to get out of there as fast as we could. Also, near Kindersley, we almost hit (what we took the liberty of assuming, in a stroke of creative genius) a REINDEER! I had to slam and swerve, and my roomie could have kissed him if her window was down, or at least given him a pat on the head to ensure our spot on the "NICE" list with Santa and the boyz.

Tonight, I'm hitting the books, and getting ahead on my reading a little bit, so that I don't have to get up early tomorrow and hit the gym ... I can work it into my lunch hour instead.

OH - and just for the record, I was wearing a strapless shirt in the picture above, even though it looks like I'm possibly only wearing jewelry. The last time I tried to wear only jewelry to a wedding, I was threatened with section 174 of the criminal code. Yup ... I'm paying attention in my criminal law class so far.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You both looked great!!

Love the necklaces!! Work it girl.

:)

Lisa Hutch said...

Thank you, thank you! I call it my bling, cause it's as close as I'll ever get to it! LOL

galarza said...

that picture is a wedding?! that's fabulous! i dont know you personally but i love your blog!

Lisa Hutch said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

That picture is a wedding. It was breathtaking and stunning all at once.