Sunday, September 03, 2006

Lisa Has Arrived

Well ... I'm here in Saskatoon. First impressions of the city itself are pretty positive. It really is a beautiful spot, lots of green, pretty clean looking, and a definite youthful vibe. You can tell already what a college spot this is, since support of the Huskies is in evidence everywhere. Jason and I drove out yesterday, had dinner at Beily's on 8th St, drove up Broadway, had drinks at the Hose and Hydrant, and finished off our night watching the Hot Rod Hullabaloo at Bud's on Broadway, a Blues bar.

All in all, it was a pretty fantastic introduction to Saskatoon, and a mighty fine date.

Today we unpacked some of my stuff, toured around the downtown area, drove along the river, and of course, toured around the U of S campus. I found where I have to go for my student orientation, and got a glimpse of campus. It's true, what people say, the campus is gorgeous. The buildings are regal, and there is tons of green space. Hopefully I'll enjoy my time there, and not grow to hate it (heh heh).


I dropped Jason off at the airport earlier this evening, and it hit me that it will be three weeks until I see him again. Sigh. This long distance thing is going to kill me. Maybe I'll make him quit his job and move out here sometime soon. The thought will keep me going for awhile, anyway. It's my first night alone (and by alone, I mean with my two roomies), and if this is the hardest one, I think I'm in good shape for the school year.

3 comments:

Monty P Marshall said...

Hey Monty here from Hot Rod Hullabaloo, thanks for coming out to Bud's!

Lisa Hutch said...

No problemo - was a blast! You guys sure rocked that place out. I'll definitely be back to Bud's.

Anonymous said...

quote: "Maybe I'll make him quit his job and move out here sometime soon."

I didn't know you owned a crystal ball back then, I would've asked you for exam answers!