Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May Long Weekend - Always Bliss

I'm not ready to continue my summary of law school yet - so stay tuned for that.

As for my long weekend, Jason and I went to Buck Lake where my in-laws have a spot. It was rather rainy and somewhat chilly, so the outdoor fun was somewhat limited ... but they did raise a shed in 2 1/2 days. I'll attach pictures later, since the shed that was built almost deserves to be classified as a piece of art, if not a thing of beauty.

I got to read much of Fried Green Tomatoes by Fanny Flagg (I'm so excited because I just got a Calgary public library card ... I intend to use the cr@p out of it by the end of the summer), sit by the campfire, make/eat s'mores, play with my nephews, and play Wii. It was super relaxing, and even sleeping in a tent was kind of fun.

I signed up an ultimate Frisbee team for the summer, and I'm so excited (and thinking of Leah and John). I've never played before, so it should be pretty interesting. I think I'm going to try and catch a game in the league that's playing now (spring), so I can get a feel for what it's all about.

Still haven't heard about my transfer to U of C yet ... and I'm dying! It's killing me to have to wait. It's all I think about (besides chocolate, and s'mores ... since this weekend ... my mother-in-law bought those chocolate covered digestive cookies which we s'more-ed up ... OH MAN were they ever heavenly).

Hopefully the rain holds off for soccer tonight. I need everyone out there to send Calgary sunny vibes. Starting ..... NOW!

No comments: