Monday, May 28, 2007

Interesting ...

Last semester I completed an online survey for a research paper, and I finally had time to read it (the student author was gracious enough to send me a copy). "The Ethical Values of Law Students: A Comparison of Students at Osgoode Hall Law School and the University of Saskatchewan's College of Law" by Joshua J.A. Henderson is a compelling read.

Among other things, Henderson explores where students fall on a continuum between viewing "law as a profession" vs. "law as a business". Hopefully when I practice law, I'll fall more on the "law as a profession" side of the spectrum.

Definitely something that I'd love to do further reading on.

I did go for making the roast last night, and had all of my siblings over for supper. They didn't seem to keel over from the cooking, so I must have done something right (although I did have to endure Joe comparing my roast to my Mom's ... ).

My sleep on the mattress was much better last night, but I fear that Jason still isn't sure about it.

AND ... I've only checked U of C twice today (still no answer). I know. Neurotic. But ... I'm trying to reign it in. Baby steps, people. Baby steps.

No comments: