Friday, December 22, 2006

It's Beginning to Feel a Lot Like ...

... Christmas. Even though Jason and I are foregoing the tree this year (we won't really be around to appreciate it), I'm getting into the spirit of things.

I went over to my Mom's last night to do some Christmas chocolate making and baking. We made our Polish Christmas cookie staple ... chrust (I don't even know where to begin in spelling it, so don't even ask if that's right). Here are some pics:


Ready to Go

Deep Fry It

Finished Product


It's labour intensive, not very healthy, and the BEST thing ever.

I tried making truffles, again, this year. It's always a futile act, since never before have they worked out for me. BUT ... this year I had a Martha Stewart holidays magazine with me. I tried her recipe in the back, and followed all of her instructions, and they turned out SOOOO well! I couldn't believe it. I made them out of milk chocolate, we dipped some in white chocolate, some in dark, and we rolled them in crushed candy canes and crushed almonds. I'm so proud! You can always count on Martha!

Today is Joe's 18th Birthday, so we're heading out on the town to show that boy (ahem ... excuse me ... show that MAN) a good time. Should be pretty interesting. It'll be the first time that the four siblings head out together. I'm a little scared.

I had a dream last night about school, the first time ever. I think it's because I won't let my conscious mind think about it - so my unconscious mind is rebelling. We're going to have to see what we can do about that - unacceptable!

No comments: