Monday, September 01, 2008

Right Back in the Swing of Things

Wow. I can't believe it's September.

Today was the first official LSA Council meeting. It was kind of a shock to be back at school, but kind of refreshing as well. There's something about going back to school in the fall ... the word crisp comes to mind. Reminds me of a line from the movie You've Got Mail ... "Don't you love New York in the fall? It makes me wanna buy school supplies. I would send you a bouquet of newly sharpened pencils if I knew your name and address." Sigh.

My blog postings should become a bit more regular now, since I'll actually have relevant things to talk about. Aren't you all excited? Ahahhahahahahahahaha.

As for jumping right back in, that's no joke. There's a full week of orientation activities going on this week, not to mention the start of actual classes.

Speaking of which, I've balloted out the following classes:
  • Intellectual Property (my #1 choice)
  • Family Law I (my #2 choice)
  • Alternate Dispute Resolution (my #3 choice)
  • International Law (my #5 choice)
  • International Trade Law (my #8 choice)
So ... I didn't do too badly, I got my top 3 choices ...

I may have to finagle the schedule a little and try and drop International Trade Law for a paper seminar ... but we'll see how the first week goes.

What sucks is that I have a cold. Started with a scratchy throat (just over a week ago) which went away but turned into the sniffles, then the major runny nose, and has now resulted in some chest congestion. GAH. I hate coughing. Hopefully this stage of this cold runs it's course as quickly as the other stages have. I bought some orange juice today for some extra vitamin C boostage, and I've got chicken noodle soup on hand, so I should be good to go.

And ... to prepare for the ubiquitous line-ups that plague the first few weeks of school. Luckily, no parking pass line-up for me this year. The bus pass worked out so great for me last year ... hopefully there isn't too long of a line-up for the bus pass though. Sigh.

No comments: