Friday, September 05, 2008

Had A Pretty Great Thursday

So ... International Law and Intellectual Property Law are probably going to be just great. Professor Von T is teaching International, the same prof that I had for Health Law. She's straight-forward, knows her stuff, and is really easy to follow. This should be a great class. She even addressed the scary appearance of the casebook, which I now understand to be the lesser of all evils when it comes to International Law casebooks.

Also, it made my day yesterday when I found out that I can write a major paper instead of the 100% final exam in Intellectual Property Law. This means that I'll be done IP on December 2nd instead of December 19th, bumping up my fall semester finish to December 17th. Yay! Home for Christmas two days earlier than expected. I'm already booting around ideas for my paper topic, which is a good sign, I'd say.

In celebration of the first week of my classes done, Jason and I went to Calories for dinner last night (with our trusty GC, thanks S). Mmmmm .... Calories. The new menu had started just last night, so we were privy to a neat selection of dishes. It is so nice to be able to eat somewhere where the serving staff are actually knowledgeable and excited about the menu. While it is on the pricier side of normal, the food is really inventive and quite different from what you'll find at any ol' restaurant ... and the dessert .... the dessert. Chocolate Pâté ... need I say more?

This weekend I'm planning on sticking around close to home and trying to get a leg up on my reading (ya, ya, ya, nerd alert ... I know). With my LSA involvement this year, I don't want to chance falling behind at all, so if I can get ahead right off the start, I should be in good shape for the rest of the semester. I've tried a new method so far this year, and it seems to be working out OK. I'm actually constructing my own formal CANS (as opposed to spreadsheets and flowcharts), which I print and take into class to make notes on throughout the lecture. I'm sure the flowcharts will come into the picture around exam time, since they really help me sort out the concepts in my head, but for now I think I'll see how the CANS method does for me.

No comments: