Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ahh HTML, We Meet Again

I've been creating a wedding website for a friend of mine, and I'm really excited about it. I'm doing some of it in Flash (I'm still learning about Flash, so it's pretty basic), some in plain ol' HTML ... but I ran into some problems. The page was displaying just fine in Mozilla's Firefox, but in Internet Explorer (version 6.0 in particular, it seemed), the frames were all hooped.

I scratched my head forever on this one, and couldn't figure it out. I was even looking through techie forums to try and figure out why this could be. I tried re-publishing my Flash source files and reloading them to my webserver, all to no avail.

Finally, last night I decided to go through my HTML code line by line, since I was DETERMINED to make this work. What did I find? I was missing an ">" character at the end of a line in one of my files. Yeah. Wow, hey? I had flashbacks to being in school during my undergrad, and let me tell you, it wasn't pretty.

So ... now it should be fixed, and I'm so happy. Now I can concentrate on getting the content up on it, since it should work for everyone.

If you want to check it out, it's right here:

http://www.WADEandCARRIE.com

EXCITING!!

PS. Lisa W - if you're reading this, I officially volunteer to do one for you too! Think about what you want, and we'll get going this fall (if you want, no pressure).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol, Hutch you know I religously read your blog. And I would love it if you would design a website for me! Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Lisa W