Monday, August 14, 2006

Who Knew?

I just found this link on Pink is the new Blog:

CNN - Pluto Story

It outlines the fact that a) There still isn't a conclusive definition for what celestial body qualifies as a planet, and b) Whether Pluto should be included in the definition.

What the HECK!?!?!

That's crazy. I feel as though my very foundation has been shaken. There may be more or less than 9 planets in our solar system? I know that there's always been the hint of Planet X out there ... but really.

Here's what dictionary.com says:

"A nonluminous celestial body larger than an asteroid or comet, illuminated by light from a star, such as the sun, around which it revolves. In the solar system there are nine known planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto."

Should be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

I've put so much stock into my pneumonic acronym, too ... I'll be mad if I have to make-up/learn another:

My Very Excellent Mother Just Sent Us Nine Pizzas

No comments: