Wednesday, August 23, 2006

And ... the Organization Begins

I'm starting to try and organize all of the things that I want to take with me to Saskatoon, and pack etc. Still have a week and a half before I go, so I'm not too worried.

The chance to purchase a student parking pass at U of S is given to those students who win the online parking entry. The deadline to enter this lottery is August 31 ... and you had to have be registered in classes in order to enter. This was a problem, since for those of us entering law school as first years this fall, the College of Law did our registrations after the long weekend, leaving us out of luck for the parking lottery. I have to say, that I am impressed ... since hearing about this issue, the College of Law is scrambling to register us all before the deadline. Now, I just have to decide which parking lots I'll register for.

Also, I found out that I am to receive an orientation package in the mail sometime soon, outlining which section I'm in (and so, consequently, telling me which schedule I'll be adhering to). Still looking for that sucker in the mail.

I'm still hitting the gym hard with my Mom (heh heh, she's doing so well, even bumping up the weight she's lifting). We've been pretty good about going, and I'm starting to feel the results (I really don't care if they're just in my mind ... don't tell me if I don't look different ... but do tell me if I look skinnier - actually, just tell me that I look skinny all the time ... yup ... I like that). Looks like a couple of weeks in to the term, the option to lease a locker in the Phys. Ed building change rooms will come up - seems like a good idea, then I can continue with my gym streak (uh ... no ... I did not just say that I will be streaking, anywhere near the gym ... don't even try).

I'm starting to get super excited. I think taking a month off before school is really the perfect amount of time. My days are still full with things that I need to get done, and things that I want to get done ... but I really feel no pressure, as though I still have all the time in the world. It's GLORIOUS (picture me saying it Will Ferrell style).

No comments: