Monday, August 14, 2006

Unemployment Begins - Officially

Today is the first day that I officially feel as though I'm unemployed. With being on vacation last week, it didn't really key in, but now as I get up at 10:00 AM, and sit here in my PJ's typing while the Hubby is at work - I feel like some kind of Hollywood Heiress that doesn't need to work.

IN FACT - that is what I'm going to do with my three weeks at home. I'm going to rock out like Paris and Nicole, I'm going to do this thing with style.

First of all - I need some shades and a headband. I have the big shades already (I love my shades), but I need one of those headscarfs or whatever it is that Nicole and Paris sport all over the place.

I'll need to shop endlessly as well, and while I won't be hitting the high end boutiques of posh and darling designers, I'll still be scouring the malls to make the most of my B-Day clothes shopping money. All in all, I'll probably log as many shopping hours.

As for the posh designer drinks, I'll have to forgo those, as I'm trying to watch both my waistline, and my chequing account ...

In all seriousness, I do have a list of things that I need to get done before heading off to school.

1. Clean my house. It's been in disaster mode for quite awhile.
2. Buy fabric and sew a cover for the foam on the window seat that Jason built for me.
3. Work out like a crazy woman (I want to be in the gym habit when I hit school).
4. Make as much time as I can for family/friends.
5. Cook fabulous and healthy dinners every night, just for fun.
6. Play World of Warcraft whenever I can (since I'll be cutting myself off while I'm at school - it's far too addictive).

Sigh. I'm far too spoiled for words. I was used to working 50 hour weeks on average (sometimes more like 60+) ... this is going to be so nice.

My #1 goal for this time that I have off? RELAXING. I know that sounds silly, but I'm going to try and get to a place where I don't feel stress at any point throughout the day. It took about 5 days on vacation to feel somewhat relaxed ... I want to get all the way there. I want the tension gone from my muscles, the threat of migraines to vacate the premises, and the acne that's been flirting with my chin to take a hike.

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

OH - and I'm going to start taking vitamins regularly. That's supposed to help with stress and re-health-ifying yourself, n'est-pas?

1 comment:

galarza said...

good luck with the re-healthifying process! i just got back from vegas and need to re-healthify myself.

congrats on the 1 year!

and dont forget, for the full paris/lindsay/nicole look, you need the oversized but pricey totebag. preferably studded.