Saturday, August 19, 2006

Flip This

I am addicted to the TLC show Property Ladder, where people show their entire experience when flipping a house - from the purchase to the renos to the listing. It's become a Saturday ritual. I'm sitting infront of the TV right now in the middle of back to back episodes, nurturing my sore, sore muscles.

Went for breakfast to the Galaxy diner this morning with some friends, shopped 17th Ave, and then hit my gym for a big party they were throwing with lots of prizes and free classes. Which class did I choose to sign up for? The class that both of my sisters signed up for - just to have some fun with them. Last night I knew that Kristin was bailing, since she had the opportunity to go white-water rafting with some friends, couldn't blame her for wanting to do that. As I pulled up to the gym, I tried phoning Julie, and couldn't get her on her cell. I walked into the gym, did some abs and arm weights, then self-consciously slithered into the group exercise room where an abundance of ladies were waiting for our free STRIPPERCISE class ... yup ... strippercise - without partner-in-crime-armour. I was scared.

Luckily, our instructor (who's name I didn't get, unfortunately) was beyond awesome. The class was fun, tongue-in-cheek, appropriate for all ages, and a great work-out (although not as high impact as something like step class, I was sweating after). There were some pilates type moves, some dance type moves, and a lot of jokes and laughing. I was thrilled with the class, and really glad that I went, even though I was ABANDONED - yeah, that's right - ABANDONED by my two sisters. I think a lot of it would depend on the instructor, but I'd love to see if there's something like this at the gyms in Saskatoon that are affiliated with my current gym (or the U of S). If not - maybe I'll get the Carmen Electra Stripercise DVD ... I've heard good things about it, even though I'm kind of skeptical. Hmmm ... that would require much more thought. Hopefully they'll have it at one of the gyms.

Tonight, we're going out for some pints to celebrate Kristin's coming B-Day, so hopefully she isn't too tired from her rafting adventures, especially since she'll have to withstand my berating.

I found out today where in Saskatoon I'll be living, which made me think about my relatives there ... they know who they are, and I hope they understand how the kids in our family are famous for mooching dinners from family members. Just a warning, in case any of them ever check in here! Thinking of them made me also think of my Cuz Mike in Ottawa, especially since I heard recently about Carleton University now taking a stand against the Maclean's Magazine rankings. This, of course, is old news to me, as a U of C alum ... they've been protesting this rating system forever. It was neat to see the spin on the CBC website though, through the Carleton point of view.

Here's a chart from the Maclean's Website:

Don't even think about looking at Saskatchewan! Remember - U of C and Carleton say that this is all bogus! So ... don't look! My eyes are closed, my fingers are in my ears ... "La la la la la la la la!".

2 comments:

Yorick said...

Hey, I linked to you in a post- let me know if you get a bump on your counter.

Lisa Hutch said...

Will do - awesome post by the way! I love Canada too!

Yorick's Post