Saturday, August 05, 2006


Vacation - Day 1

We left Calgary today at about 4:30 or so (we stopped at AMA and got some tourbooks on our way out of the city - oh so handy - ha ha ha), and made our way to Cranbrook BC. We're staying the night in the Heritage Inn, which is not quite sketchy, but within a few years it will be. We do get a free hot breakfast tomorrow morning, though, so I'm pretty excited about that.

We went to Mr. Mike's Steakhouse for dinner, where we both partook in the 22 oz. Antler Ale. It's a West coast thing ... or at least, that's what's plastered all over the walls. Actually, it was a pretty laid back steakhouse, and modern and clean with pretty good food. Jason had sirloin steak, I had the chicken caesar. Yum.

Tomorrow we're going to try and book it early, and see how far we can get!

I can't wait to feel like I'm on vacation - probably tomorrow, although tomorrow will be a long car ride day ... sigh. My poor a$$!

No comments: