Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm Impressed ...

With Kellogg's All-Bran bars. I know what you're all thinking, and no, I'm not looking to introduce fibre for any particular reason, I'm merely continuing with my ongoing saga to find easy and healthy snacks that require no effort on my part.

I bought the Honey Nut Flavour, as they had 1 g less fat than the original flavour. Each bar is 130 calories, has 5 g fat, and 16% of your daily reccommended fibre intake. AND ... they really do taste good. I'm sold, and while I'm at school, these just may become a school bag staple. They could be a cookie replacement, in any case.

I just came back from hitting the gym with my Mom, and let me tell you - we rocked that place out. Made Mom do all the leg exercises with me ... he he ... and we did cardio and abs as well.

I started reading the book "Dropped Threads: What We Aren't Told" edited by Carol Shields. The Chapter's synopsis reads:

" This revealing collection of writings, edited by Carol Shields and Marjorie Anderson, examines eclectic and rarely discussed topics that pertain to women. In Dropped Threads various celebrities as well as unknown housewives and academics discuss the experiences that have amazed and disappointed them. Each piece contains a “shock of recognition” that will certainly engage the aging female reader. Essays by such literary luminaries as Margaret Atwood, June Callwood, Eleanor Wachtel, Sharon Butala and Marni Jackson are included in this unusual collection."

My Sister bought it, and lent it to me since she has a few books to get through before she gets to it. I have to admit, I wasn't sure how it was going to read, but I'm enthralled by it. It's awesome, and I can't wait to get through it.

I also found that there's a second edition:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

33% off...that sucks - Kristin