Tuesday, July 25, 2006

What can you say, when it's over too fast?
You were older than me, but too young to pass.
I don't know how to get it straight in my mind,
It's so final, I struggle, this concept of time.

So much of my person was shaped early on
By you, like a brother, and all of our fun.
I never thanked you for this, the role that you played
In giving me the passion and strength that has stayed.

We haven't been close, as we've lived adult lives,
But I've seen how you've always been true to your drives
Music and adventure, friends and policy,
Living true to yourself; another lesson for me.

You'll be there in our thoughts, and in all that we do
We miss already, and we'll always love you.
Don't worry, you've left a strong legacy,
When we say to our children, "Wakey, Wakey".

No comments: