Friday, July 28, 2006

I'll Tell You, It's Been a Week

Well, my family got news of a loss on Monday, and we've been trying to cope/deal/sort everything out since then. It was a bit of a shock, to say the least. My Birthday was on Tuesday, and my Family really spoiled me, which was so incredible of them at a time like this.

http://www.thecobalt.net/messageboard/viewforum.php?f=37

Law school related b-day presents: A Lululemon hoodie (a basic necessity, I assure you), a Starbucks gift card (for when I need to spoil myself with a latte), Aveda shampoo and conditioner (so that the aromatherapy calms me down when I'm stressed), a collage of pics of my family to take with me to Saskatoon, webcams, and a nice watch (so I'll never be late for class ... heh heh heh). Also, from my wonderful Hubby, I got some $$$ to buy some casual clothes (I'm currently running at 1 1/2 pairs of jeans, so I'll need to get a few more - and some of you may ask how someone has 1 1/2 pairs -- I have one pair of good jeans, and one pair of almost indecently holey jeans, so they only count as a half).

With my B-Day cashola I couldn't help but buy the bag pictured below, since I'll need a new school bag, and this one has a separate compartment that I can use for my laptop. I think I might be in love with this bag. It's the Motion Bag by Lululemon. The compartment for my laptop should also fit the powercords etc., and it has another compartment that would fit a text book and a lunch, more than comfortably, and in the side it has a bunch of pockets for cell phone etc, but also for cards, like debit/student ID etc. It comes with a shoulder strap that you can attach, too. It's supposed to be good for up to 50 lbs, hopefully that will do it for me.

Soccer Update: I played soccer again last night, and we ended our mercy streak by losing. I still came smokingly close to scoring, but couldn't quite get there to help out the team. It was all good in the end, though, since we went for beers to the Black Swan, and had CHILI FRIES - holy smokes - they were SOOOOOO GOOOD!

Also, I missed Big Brother, but it looks like Jase got his ass kicked off. Poor Jase, he just doesn't get it, does he? Funny.

No comments: