Saturday, July 22, 2006

I am a Freakin' Genius ...

... and no, it is not related to my academic ability or my performance at work. What, then, could possibly have spurred such an outrageously pompous statement from yours truly? I invented the ultimate drinking game involving shooters checkers. I call it .... Shooters Checkers Squared.

So ... in order to play you need an odd number of people - last night we had 5, which worked out quite well, but the rules could be adapted, as I'm sure you'll see below.

With our 5 people, we decided that each play would be accomplished by a team of two. Since we had a Birthday girl in the house, her team started. Play continued to the next two people directly clockwise being responsible for the opposite checker teams move. I've done a diagram to illustrate below:


As can be seen, the next steps in the diagram would be 4) Player 2 and 3 combine to form a team and move the RED checkers, then 5) Player 4 and 5 combine to form a team and move the BLACK checkers and so on.

The beauty of such a set up is two fold; First, you end up playing YOURSELF! Since you have the opportunity to make moves for both sets of checkers, your strategy must always evolve. Second, since this is a drinking game, the longer you play, the more you drink, and the harder it is to keep turns straight!!!

It was ridiculous and fun. I highly recommend it, even if you aren't drinking. The playing against YOURSELF aspect is enough to win some followers, I'm sure.

Now ... I must go have a nap, since I did play this game last night, and consequently am starting to feel a tiny bit hung-over ... mmmm .... I feel like french fries and a burger.

Added @ 12:29 AM on Sunday July 23 ... I FORGOT THE BEST PART ... I was kindly reminded by my Brother-in-Law about the best part of this game! The way we played was that if you jumped someone, the previous team had to drink the shot of the jumped shot-glass. Since it was teams of 2 that were involved ... the drinking team had to play ... you guessed it ... ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS to decide who had to drink the shot.

MAN, that's a good game!

No comments: