Monday, November 20, 2006

I Love Being Home, and the Open Memo

What an amazing weekend. I flew home after Criminal on Friday, my lovely Mom picked me up (PS. Thanks Mom), and we went for manicures. I felt ever so pampered. Friday night, I went for sushi with my husband and my sister, at Sushi Kawa on 4th Street, and I basked in the glory of their Alaska rolls. MY. Favourite.

Saturday morning, Jason and I got up, and drove west. We stopped for a leisurely panini in Canmore, and then pushed on through to Lake Louise, where we hiked around the lake (through the snow ... it was funny, there was ZERO snow in Calgary, and then in Lake Louise, it looked just like Saskatoon). Then, we checked into the Chateau Lake Louise, where we got ready to go to one of their dining rooms for Jason's work Christmas party. I got to meet a bunch of the co-workers for the first time, which was great. Everyone was very nice (and very dapper looking in their fancy duds). The party was great, and the food was YUM.

Here's a picture that we took while standing in front of the hotel. We hiked around the lake to where the mountains appear to meet in a V in the middle of the picture.


In the picture below you can see the Chateau, with the Lake Louise ski resort behind it ... from the end of the little hike that we took to the back of the lake. We wanted to bring our skates so that we could go for a glide around the lake, but obviously, it's just not cold enough yet.


The picture below was the view from our room!


Sunday morning we got up, had breakfast, and then checked out and drove home. We got dinner at my parents house, and then I flew home. Got in at about 12:30 last night, and I'm already up and doing laundry.

It was a great weekend. A great escape from the student life, and just enough of a taste of luxury that it seemed more like a fantasy, and returning to my student life wasn't too hard. AND ... on the way to Lake Louise, I had a chance to read some of the cases that I've printed for my open memo. I think I've managed to still the bees, but the Queen Bee (which I've come to call my direct and applicable line of thinking for the memo) was buzzing away, and I was only too happy to let her. No matter what, I'm thinking about this thing at the back of my mind, and it seems to be getting clearer ... which makes me happy.

Laundry, on the other hand, does not make me happy.

No comments: