Monday, October 23, 2006

Serendipity Shines on Me

One of my classmates, today, offered me a printer. He had bought a new one, which also has a scanner, and just GAVE me his old one. It's an HP Photosmart 1115. I downloaded the driver from the HP website, and it works like a dream. I'm so lucky, and so thankful. He didn't want any cash for it, so I'm going to have to think of a sneaky good deed to bestow upon him. A case of beer won't do it, he's a non-drinker. Hmmm ... perhaps some of my baking ... a few times throughout the year ... I'm not sure yet.

Anyway, I also installed the driver for my scanner ... and so my computer is almost entirely set-up. I want to back-it up to a CD, as well, but I'll have to buy some CDs first.

I joined the Canadian Bar Association today, as a student member. I've been thinking about it for awhile, and while I was cleaning out my shelves (so that I could fit my new printer in them), I found the sign-up form. It was easy to do online. I'm pretty excited about it, because I think we get some great resources for a crazy-cheap student membership rate. They have some events, as well, which look like they'd be interesting to attend.

We only had one class this morning, so I really have got a lot done (including making beef on a bun in my crockpot, which is smelling up my house with a heavenly aroma that's making my tummy grumble).

I've even worked on my Pro Bono stuff a bit, which is fun.

Now, I'm going to go get some studying done for the practice mid-term that we have in Constitutional law on Friday. It isn't worth any marks, but I want to prepare as if it were, just to get the most out of the experience as possible. Our Prof is going to mark it as if it were the final (which is in December and is worth 100%), so it should be enlightening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice printer. What kind of cartridge(s) does it use?

Lisa Hutch said...

Dunno - have to check.
I'm pretty sure that it does colour, but I think there's only a B&W one in there right now.