Sunday, October 15, 2006

Plugging Away ...

... On both my closed memo, and a scarf that I'm knitting.

I feel like I've got some great progress on the memo ... and all while sitting comfortably in the kitchen on my laptop, leisurely attending to my beef/bean soup concoction in the slow cooker, and taking breaks to bake garlic biscuits to go with my soup.

I've hewn out a rough outline, which I'm now filling in with more detail, then filling in with more detail. I'm still at point-form, but soon ... soon ... I'll be at the stage where full (and hopefully, grammatically correct) sentences will start to show their ugly little faces.

I'm not too worried about this. Should I be? The ultimate paranoia of a law student, as described in Allan C. Hutchinson's book "The Law School Book: Succeeding at Law School" where it describes that feeling of "missing something". Very unproductive feeling - I'll have to stop that right now.

As for the scarf ... it's a mellow yellow kind of colour (even more subtle than a butter colour), and it's got some cables in it. It's probably about halfway done, and now it feels like it's taking forever. I should take a picture when it's done and post it.

I was recalling, last night, while watching Batman Begins (mmmm ... Christian Bale) and knitting, how my Granny (Dad's Mom) taught me to knit, and how it seemed SOOOOO much harder back then. There's certainly something to be said for the development of motor skills over time.

No comments: