Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I Know, It's Been Almost a Week

But ... what a week it's been.

On Thursday, I went to class, then drove back to Calgary for the long (LONG) weekend. I got to have dinner with Jason's Aunt & Uncle, have lunch with my sister, Mom, and Dad, go shopping with Mom, go for a beautiful drive through the surrounding Calgary area with Jason, have Thanksgiving dinner with my family, and of course, play some World of Warcraft. There was a Chernobyl incident, but really, when is there not?

I also got to see my in-laws, where we celebrated my BIL's 30th B-Day with an awesome scavenger hunt put together by my MIL. It was super fun, and had us driving all over town. I got another Thanksgiving dinner (I'm so spoiled), got to play with my cute nephews, and carve pumpkins, Jason got to fly a plane - a paper airplane that is (see the pic).

It was GLORIOUS (again, picture a Will Farrell "glorious").

I got back into town on Monday, was at school all day on Tuesday, and was lucky enough to illicit a personal invitation to my Auntie Dona/Cousin Brenda's place for dinner. I got to see my FAR TOO CUTE cousin Thomas, and see my fellow U of S academic cousin Kaitlyn (PS. Sorry if I spelled your name wrong).

It was a nice visit, and the food was spectacular. Auntie Dona can cook up some fierce ribs, I even had sweet'n'sour dreams about them afterwards. We had pumpkin pie that was made by my Cuz Susan, which had me wish that Thanksgiving was every weekend.

I found out about my cousin Mike getting to go to Japan for 6 weeks or so, and am oh-so jealous. What an incredible experience. A good friend of mine visited Japan earlier this year, and loved every minute of it. She got some incredible pictures from there, so Mike - remember to take your camera ... I'll hook you up with a flickr account (if you don't already have one).

School went fairly well today. We got our first assignment. The infamous closed memo. It's due a week from today, so I'm going to have to buckle down and get through the 80 pages (or so) of case reading that I have to do for it before I even begin. POOR ME (yeah right).

I don't think it will be too bad, as long as I stay on top of it all. Time management is the key - I think.

I also just finished reading "The Rescue" by Nicholas Sparks. Wasn't really what I was expecting, I haven't read a Nicholas Sparks book before (author of "the Notebook", " A Walk to Remember"), but it was good. I just started "The Wedding", which includes some of the characters from "The Notebook" which I haven't read, but the movie turns me into a weeper.

It's a good, short read ... but not your normal fluffy kind of book - hard to explain ... worth a read.

2 comments:

galarza said...

'the wedding' is good, but i liked 'the notebook' better. i have 'the rescue' but haven't gotten to it yet. let me know if its any good.... :)

Lisa Hutch said...

The Rescue is good. I liked it ... no related characters to the Notebook etc., but really charming!

I just finished the Wedding, as well, and think I now HAVE to read the Notebook.