Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Gym Kicked my Butt This AM

But I am soo proud that I went. It is getting harder and harder to get out of bed, the further that I slip into this "student" lifestyle.

Law school so far is much easier than my work life was. Keep in mind, though, that I have barely any distractions here in Saskatoon (i.e. if I were at home in Calgary, would it be harder to get my work done with opportunities to do fun things with friends anytime that I want?). The schedule is forgiving, there is lots of time during the day to do work to keep up, and so far, we haven't had any assignments or tests.

The assignments are coming soon, we have our Closed memo coming out next week. This is where we are given a problem and specific cases, and we have a week to write up a memo on it. I know that my memo will be in Torts, which is nice, and we've done a few library tutorials to learn how to find cases, etc. Hopefully, it won't be too bad. There are a lot of resources about writing memos ... I think that the time management aspect of the assignment will be key here.

There's no on-call work with law school (which, I must admit, is a freakin' nightmare). There hasn't been crazy deadlines yet ... and most deadlines you pretty much know about as far in advance as you care to look them up (not like work, where things would get dropped on you and the expectation was that they'd be done in a week - regardless of your other duties).

Anyhow - the purpose of this rant is to convey how appreciative I am for where I'm at right now. I'm truly grateful that I get to be here, I'm loving the subject matter, I'm challenged intellectually, I'm stimulated culturally, and my stress levels are operating lower than they have in a long, LONG while. Sigh. Utter contentment (but ... keep reading in a couple weeks when my closed memo due date is looming - we'll see if I'm still smiling then).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have No Fears. It'll be a snap for you.

Lisa Hutch said...

Hopefully ... now if only I could learn to snap my fingers ...