Monday, January 15, 2007

What a Weekend, What a Day

On Saturday I flew home super (i.e. crazy) early. I had to work on my oral argument summary for a lot of Saturday, and then Saturday night we went for sushi with some friends to Sushi Kawa on 4 St. They must have been having a crazy night, because one of their waitresses snapped on us when we asked how long the wait would be. We heard the word "reservations" being repeated while she ranted about something unintelligible and walked away. It was kind of awkward, but worth persevering through since the food is so good there. We invited some friends back to our house afterwards, and I got to catch up with some people that I haven't seen in a long time.

Sunday morning we did brunch at the Diner Deluxe on Edmonton trail (mmmm .... ), with some more friends that I haven't seen in a long time, and then I went home and finished my oral argument summary.

As for the assignment, I'm not 100% sure what the expectations were, but I guess I gave it my all. We'll see how they mark it.

Today, it was a go-go-go day. I had to hand in my assignment, go to class, listen to the rescheduled (due to the Blizzard of '07) guest speaker, Justice Bob Richards (who was excellent), and then attend the CBA's "How to Find a Job" workshop. The workshop was stellar. I highly reccomend it to anyone that has an opportunity to attend in the future. The best part was one-on-one mock interviews with lawyers from Saskatoon firms, which included a resume critique. Luckily, they didn't run for the hills afterwards, so my confidence has been slightly bolstered (at least ... they weren't running while I was watching).

I spoke with an Associate from McDougall Gauley, and an Associate from MacPherson Leslie & Tyerman. Both were very helpful, and provided some good tips for my resume. It was so nice to have a chance to ask "real lawyers" the types of questions that have been smoldering on the brain for awhile.

I stocked up on some recreational reading at the library today, so my computer loses out to the books.

No comments: