Thursday, January 25, 2007

I'm Not Sure What It Is ...

Whether it's the most depressing time of the year, or if it's because of the moots this week ... but law students are frazzled this week ... and with the frazzlement comes other things (not to be mentioned on this PG-rated blog).

I've been nothing but whiny and depressed, and I can't tell if it's PMS, the moot stress hangover, or just random blah-ness ... but it's awful I tell you.

Luckily, I scheduled an extra long weekend at home for this weekend. I leave Saturday morning, and come back Tuesday morning. Sigh.

In the meantime, I'm going to wear sweatpants, cuddle up in the fleece blanket that Carrie made me, and keep my whining internal (too bad I can't internalize the pouting ... that's too hard to stifle).

AND NO ... I'm not resorting to chocolate. I just had an apple and peanut butter, and it's going to have to do it for me. I've been doing really well with the "eat healthy in Saskatoon" plan, so chocolate will have to wait a few days.

Thank GOD Grey's Anatomy is on tonight. Those characters are pouty and whiny enough to suit my mood. Anything less melo-dramatic, and I'd have some problems (namely, having to throw the remote control at the TV ... ah ... who am I kidding, that just may happen anyway).

2 comments:

Simeon said...

The limited sun doesn't help Lisa - our brains fail to make as much seratonin as they do in the summer (stimulated by sunlight), and so our "feel good" chemicals dwindle. Plus, the bloody cold is rediculous - especially there I'm sure! They should hold these moots in the spring - they might be more exciting for everyone!

Lisa Hutch said...

I 2nd that motion - moots in the spring! Then I'd be able to frolick in a meadow while I prepare ... I'm sure that would have helped (actually, I'd probably get distracted with the frolicking, and forget about the moot)!