Sunday, January 07, 2007

Got my Mid-Term Marks Back

Still waiting to hear about my Constitutional final, but ... that's another anxiety story.

As for the mid-terms, I was THRILLED with my Contracts and Property marks, but less than thrilled with my Criminal mark (which ... I must admit I fully expected, didn't study for this one as I did for the others, since I was in GET ME OUTTA HERE mode). At least I see that making flowcharts REALLY works for me. For the classes where I did make flowcharts, I rocked. For Criminal, I didn't finish my flowchart, and it shows. Well ... I've got my tactics for Finals, at least.

Friday night I spent a nice quiet night at home, catching up on a few things, and I hit the gym (yay).

Yesterday, I hit the early yoga class (which my back muscles feel right now, you know, the good kind of pain, the pain that you earned), washed my car, and got an oil change. I hit the library, as well, and picked up Paulo Coelho's book "The Devil and Miss Prym", which I've had on hold for quite awhile. I posted about his book the Alchemist awhile back, which I loved, so I can't wait to really get into this one.

Last night, with some of my classmates (girls night out!), I went to see Children of Men, which was a second choice since the Pursuit of Happyness was sold out. I looked it up this morning on Rotten Tomatoes, and am not surprised to see one of the highest ratings that I've ever seen on that site. I hadn't heard of this movie, so wasn't expecting any particular thing, and what I got was THE MOST INTENSE MOVIE I've seen in awhile. It was really good, a super nail-biter, and has got the old gears grinding away on it ever since I left the theatre. It seems to contribute to a scary cultural pattern of prediction that I've seen out there, on the bleakness that looms on the horizon. Very scary ... and something that by subconscious is sure to consider over the next period of time.

It's (somewhat loosely, from what I've been reading) based on the book (of the same name) by P.D. James. Guess I'll have to put that on my reading list ... fun.

Today, I'll be in school mode. Hopefully, I won't have to leave the house (since it looks cold out there). I have a lot to do if I want to stay on top of all this school business, and now that I know how I study for exams, I should be able to help myself out over the semester so that I don't have SOOOO much work to do at the end of it.

Ah finals, how I shudder at your quick approach.

And now, my roomie is watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, seems like a good idea (before I settle into the school stuff).

No comments: