Friday, August 31, 2007

Get Inked

The Calgary Tattoo and Arts Festival is on this weekend at the Roundup Centre. While the $20 admission fee is a little too rich for my blood, I think it'll be an awesome spectacle, and wouldn't mind getting a sneak peek somehow.

I'm reminded of an amazing shoulder tattoo that I saw on a waitress at Maguire's back on March 25th (it was the day before I chopped all of my hair off).

Now, I'm usually not a fan of the HUGE tattoos you see on people (while I appreciate the amazing artistry that goes into them all). I don't mean HUGE in size, but the ones that are like big scenes that take up your whole back, ones that are full of colour and are so busy that they're almost hard to look at. My cuz has a big tattoo of delicate cherry blossom twig-type wings on her back, which I love, so I don't mean something like that, just the ones that take you a minute or two to focus on to even figure out what's going on.

The waitress at Maguire's had this gorgeous tattoo of a fairy, with some scenery on her shoulder. It was amazing. I loved everything about it, it was feminine and pretty, and not too busy. I really should have asked her where she had it inked. Hindsight.

No comments: