Friday, August 10, 2007

Consumed by Something

We did end up playing beach volleyball in the rainy/misty/miserable weather last night. We got a full team to come out, which was awesome. It turned out to be a lot of fun, although cold on the feet (as I was later lying in bed, I could pinpoint the exact moment that my toes finally warmed up).

I think in the next few weeks I'm going to have to scale back on my sports participation, and really focus on the issues that have been CONSUMING MY LIFE.

Time to start sorting out the house; packing, cleaning, laundry, and organization in general. Once we secure a place to live (hardy har har), a huge stress should be lifted. I'm almost SICK of looking at listings in SK.

PS. Why are so many of the listings empty houses? What the heck is going on? Alien abductions of furniture? Are we saying that, if furniture is worthy of alien abduction, our couches and chairs are alive? They have feelings? Yeah ... I know, but I'm on a sugar high, and I am so tired about talking about SK real estate and evil Albertan investors and flipping and scams and fraud and all the rest of it. I much prefer a story about aliens. In fact, I'll take a story about aliens over a story about pretty much anything else.

I STILL haven't seen the next Harry Potter movie, either. That's really been getting me down. Why, oh why can't I find the time to go? Jason and I are NOT late movie people (we sleep through late movies), and between mini-vacations, trips to Saskatoon to sort out our lives, and soccer, volleyball and ultimate frisbee, we've had nary a minute to spare for floofy entertainment like movies (although, I have managed to keep current with Big Brother 8, and even though he'll try to deny it, I think Jason loves watching Evel Dick as much as I do ... AND ... how about a guy as normal as Zach being in the house with all those other crazy personalities - not that I don't love them all - but Zach seems SOOOO straight-laced in comparison, non?).

Last night, since our volleyball game wasn't until 8:00, I even managed to actually cook dinner for once (I've been a sandwich girl so far this week). What a luxury.

No comments: