Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I Want to Be That Girl ...

... not the girl in the KT Tunstall song "Suddenly I See", which is far too addictive for it's own good ... I want to be the girl that instead of feeling mortified and awkward in an embarrassing situation, rises above with glamour and grace ... yeah ... that's right ... I said glamour.

I went to the gym after school today (insert raucous applause and cheering here), and on my way back to my car I have to cross College Drive on a pedestrian overpass. I wore a skirt to school today, and as I'm walking over rush-our traffic on College Drive, I thought about how horrifying it would be if a gust of wind came up and blew my skirt up over my head. Yeah, I know it wouldn't happen, but how mortifying if it did! I wouldn't be the Marilyn girl that would flirtatiously hold my skirt down and giggle it off, while flashing the crazed commuters that look that said, how lucky you are to have seen my knickers. I'd be the bumbling, red faced klutz that would drop her school bag over the rail and have to watch it be destroyed by all the cars down below.

Sigh.

No comments: