Monday, October 15, 2007

I Think I've Become Morning Challenged

No matter what I seem to do, there's always some crazy antics going on in my house in the morning.

Generally, my alarm goes off at 6:20 AM (so that I can hear the 6:21 weather update on the radio) ... I haul myself out of bed sometime before 6:30, then I shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, and run out the door to catch the 7:20 bus.

Sounds simple, right?

Wrong. Apparently.

The last few days I've been scrambling to find various things ... school stuff, keys, etc. I guess it's my fault for not having everything packed and ready to go the night before, but I blame that mysterious force that moves things on you. You all know what I'm talking about. It's sick, the pleasure that this mysterious force gets out of moving our stuff around just to make us crazy.

Also, this morning, I decided to make coffee to bring to school. When I opened the coffee tin, ground went everywhere. Great.

So ... hopefully I won't have to sprint across a parking lot in front of a bus full of people today ... that was kind of embarrassing last week, since I sat heaving on the bus, trying to catch my breath for a good 5 minutes afterwards.

Ah mornings.

1 comment:

tartanfrog said...

You crack me up! I have so been there... I'm not a morning person at all. As GG would say re: trying to find your stuff: "same place every time." Totally infuriating - but true.