Thursday, September 27, 2007

I've Forgotten How Fun It Is ...

... to crunch your way through leaves on the ground on perfect fall days. I'm really missing my camera right now (still in Calgary), since early mornings on campus are just ethereal. No joke. I truly feel so much gratitude that I get to be here doing what I'm doing. Ask me how I feel about Saskatoon when it's -40 degrees out ... then we'll talk again. But right now ... it's heavenly.

Sigh.

Well, I've been a jerk about keeping up with people lately, but I'm serious, I'm on the active side of managing chaos still.

I've recently added a new role to my repertoire: I'm the new Web Administrator for the U of S's Law Students Association website:

http://www.uofslawstudents.ca

The LSA wants this site to be a real portal for current students and prospective students alike. There's some updating, etc. that needs to be done, and general maintenance type stuff. Should be fun. I'm excited especially about setting up some foundations for the coming years.

School is, as per usual, running away at the speed of a crazy train. Luckily, I'm still hanging on ... but one hand is slipping.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the Saskatchewan Business Corporations Act right now. I feel like I'm almost there, and I can see how having a Commerce background may give you half a leg up in the BusOrg class that I'm taking. But ... I'm so close. Soon.

Also, I'm trying to sort out all my affairs regarding applying for the summer jobs that hold OCI's (On Campus Interviews). These applications are due on Monday. My transcripts are ordered, my resume is done, and I'm about half way through all of my cover letters. This weekend I'll have to wrap all of those up.

I'm starting to get excited for Thanksgiving.

Speaking of which, I went to the gym today (yup, I appreciate your applause). Hopefully I can at least create a buffer before I partake in any turkey or gravy.

One thing that was kind of cool was that the cardio was REALLY easy for me. Last year I was panting my way through the level that I started at today. I guess that, even though I don't feel that my paunch shrinkage was remarkable in any way, all the crazy running and sports that I participated in over the summer really did do something for me. Yay! Guess I'll have to focus on cutting out the junk. What sucks is that there really isn't that much junk to speak of, mostly weekly pizza rituals. Sigh. I've gotta give up the pizza demon.

The house is doing well so far, I still feel incredibly disorganized, but we're getting there. It feels comfortable, and even kind of homey. So ... I definitely don't regret the decision to buy this one at all.

Well ... I really have to go and hit the books. I'll come up with something a little more exciting for next time (read dramatic, I've been feeling a lack of drama in my life lately).

No comments: