Thursday, January 17, 2008

I've Been Remiss in my Blogging, I Know

But ... I'm starting to feel the routine come together, which makes me happy.

The beginnings of semesters are always chaotic, and this one seems like the worst so far. We've finally gotten to move into our new building (hooray), and so I've been wandering around trying to figure out where the heck I'm going, while trying to figure out how to get my readings, and buy textbooks, and refill coffee ... whew ... it's been crazy. I have a locker again, though, which makes me so happy I could scream. Also - my new Timbuk2 Messenger Bag (pictured at the right) which was a Christmas gift from my Sis Julie, is making my everyday a joy in textbook hauling. I never knew a bag could make me so happy. Seriously. I'm spoiled. Also - it feels fitting since we first found out about Timbuk2 bags by watching the show Ed, where ED - the bowling alley lawyer - sported one.

I'm pretty excited about my semester, which seems to be shaping up to be a VERY different pace from last semester.

Luckily, I passed all my classes (heh heh), and even did FAR better in Bus Org than I thought I would. I have a lot of choice words about that, but we'll save those for another forum.

This semester, I've got Gender and the Law, Natural Resources Law (both of which are seminars requiring paper writing as opposed to test writing ... so that should be interesting considering it's been about 10 years since I wrote a paper), Tax Law, Professional Responsibility, and Oil & Gas Law. Pretty exciting.

I have 2 evening classes too, first time for that. Opens up a lot of my day, but hopefully that just means that I'll be cranking away on papers ASAP.

I've been following that CRAZY Linda Keen story (click here for the news story about her getting fired). It's an almost embarrassing story ... what with the publication of things like this. Makes you wonder what all the REAL back-stories are here.

I've been doing a lot of work on the web, as well, lately. I'm trying to keep up with the LSA web stuff, and I've been working on a friend's wedding website: http://www.WADEandCARRIE.com.

Also - I'm trying to not let my house reach disaster mode. It's coming close - which is scaring me ... but so far we've kept it JUST in check.

I've been fighting migraines too, for the last week. Weird, since I haven't gotten many since being in SK.

Anyhoo - I promise to be better at blogging ... mostly to myself, since I find it cathartic.

1 comment:

Julie Romo said...

You figured out the bag reference!!! ED! I miss you and I'm glad you're enjoying your bag!
Jules