Sunday, January 20, 2008

Busy Weekend - Lots of Fun

Well, after a long stretch of quiet relaxing ... it looks like our hectic lives are back on.

Friday night Jason and I went to the poker and beer night fundraiser that was hosted by the Legal Follies team. It was held upstairs at Maguires, and I think they raised tons of cash for the Legal Follies event, which is awesome. We didn't partake in the poker, but we did partake in the $10 for unlimited beer (yikes).

Saturday night, we had a function at the Saskatoon Club. It was a nice dinner, and it was great to get back inside that building, which always seems to be a little mysterious from the outside for some reason!

Tonight, I went to curl with my intramurals team. Ahahahah. I know ... I'm pretty bad, but I have a pretty good time, so it all evens out in the end. It's nice that the games are back on ... we really didn't get many in last semester due to the CUPE strike, so I'm glad that I'll get a bit more of a taste this semester. I even got a few past the hog line - and a few somewhere in the area of where my skip wanted them. So ... seems like each time I play, I get better - although - I only have a decent chance at a shot when I don't worry about staying upright ... so usually I end up sprawled across the ice - it's a sight to see.

This week is shaping up to be pretty busy too ... which is awesome. Now ... we just have to find our X-Country skis, and we'll be set.

No comments: