Anyhoo - here are a few things that're rattling around in my brain right now. These are what I blame this morning's incident on (see below for the incident).
- I have a major paper outline 10 minute presentation to give next Thursday (the outline is MOSLTLY done, just needs some tweaking, and needs to be submitted to prof).
- I have a Gender and the Law paper due next Friday (which is this weekend's mandate).
- I have a hair appointment this afternoon (which is so long overdue it's crazy, seriously).
- I've been running around trying to get ready for reading break, which has meant taking care of a lot of administrative details (which, generally, are the bane of my existence).
- My house is a disaster area. I need to clean it. I don't want to and I don't really have time to right now ... so it's been a struggle and weighing heavily on my mind (especially because I don't want to clean it).
FRIDAY MORNING INCIDENT:
- Last night, I set my alarm for 7:00 AM, as per usual.
- The alarm went off at 7:00, I turned on the radio to listen to the news.
- When I opened my eyes again (keep in mind, from my perspective, I've been awake and listening to the news for about 10 minutes) it's 8:15. Wow ... lost an hour of my life dozing to the news on the radio.
- Got up, got showered/dressed, ate breakfast.
- Checked the computer for any updated notes from today's prof.
- Thought about hair appointment I have scheduled for 2:30, which is AFTER my 2 hour class.
- Thought about making coffee, but decided I was running late (this is at 9:30), so decided to stop at the Timmy's drive-thru and pick some up on the way to class.
- Got in the car, picked up my Timmy's, drove to school.
- When I was looking for a parking meter, I was trying to think about how much change I'd need when it dawned on me that my class is at 12:00 NOON, not at 10:00 AM. Wow. I'm 2 hours early unintentionally. AND ... I'd thought repeatedly about how my hair appointment was AFTER class and was at 2:30.
- Drove home.
- Garage door wouldn't open (does this in the cold). Cursed the cold, and cursed my sister Julie for being in Cuba right now (how dare she go when I'm stuck in cold Saskatchewan).
- Gave up and parked in the front (didn't even try the manual garage door open dance that I usually try).
So ... I'm already impressed with myself today. The coffee hasn't quite kicked in yet, and I'm still feeling super fuzzy.
Oh well. I guess a dress rehearsal never hurt anyone. Now ... I've had my coffee, and I should be able to get to class without feeling like I'm running a little late.