Thursday, May 08, 2008

The Dreaded Marks Are In ...

... and it looks like I'm officially a 3L! Woot woot!

Pretty much my best semester ever, save the last test that I wrote amid a scenario that I likely could have gotten a deferral for. I thought about trying to get one, but decided to just motor through and accept the grade that I got, which still is decent in the grand scheme of things, so I'm happy with my decision.

I'll have to write about deferrals which I'll post later ... since I think many students (actually, I KNOW many students) don't appropriately access this resource.

As for my two paper classes, I finished up strong. SO relieving. I did have a lot of help from one prof, which was awesome, and I think I may finally have the confidence to tackle another paper class. Never thought I'd see the day.

My Best class (in terms of marks): Tax law. Who'd have thunk? Looks like I'll have to be taking Tax II if it's offered next year.

I've been thinking about classes that I still want to take, and so far here's the list:
  • Family Law
  • Civil Procedure
  • Intellectual Property Law
  • Administrative Law
  • Tax II
  • Employment Law
  • Labour Law
  • Possibly Family Law II, or some other related seminar - I have a killer paper idea that I think fits under here
Other than that, it's far too hard to decide, since there are a LOT of things that I'd like to take.

Sigh.

Jason and I have mostly been working on our house, playing WOW (ahem ... ), and generally still trying to get our lives in order. It's so funny how much your life gets put on hold while it's -40 kazillion degrees outside (or maybe it's just us "soft" Calgarians).

Either way, I'm so happy that the weather is starting to display a pattern of smartening up.

No comments: