Saturday, January 10, 2009

Well ...

... the marks are in and it looks like I passed all my courses ... so onto my last semester of law school unhindered. I'm finally thinking that I actually have a chance at getting through (haha)!

As for my trip to the bookstore last week - unnecessary. 4/5 of my courses are providing material online. Awesome. The last class (Admin) does require a textbook, but I already purchased it before Christmas (the vendor came to the student lounge to sell it). So ... I'm set. What a treat for my very last semester, no bookstore chaos.

I still can't believe that this is the last start to classes in law school that I'll get to experience. It's such a bittersweet feeling. I'm so ready to move onto the next phase ... it will be nice to be earning a paycheque again, and I am so excited to see how the practice of law differs from the study of it. On the other hand, I go to school with a pretty great group of people, and it will be hard to be so scattered from them. I'm thinking we'll have to schedule get-togethers once in awhile ... we'll see. Also, I've really loved the law school experience. The faculty at U of S are so amazing and so supportive, and for the first time I've felt myself in an academic environment where I can really explore things that I find interesting and riveting; it's a feeling that I'll really miss ... especially since it allows me to be truly (academically speaking) self-indulgent.

Sigh.

Now, to decide if I'm going to try and write a couple more major papers. Two of my classes seem to be offering the option. That means I'd only have 3 exams to write again, which is a very compelling idea to consider ... especially since that means I'd be done April 9th instead of April 17th. Looking at my marks from last term, I seem to perform better in paper classes ... which ... all things considered shows how far I've come. Last year, academic paper writing was most definitely NOT an area of strength for me (what with the technical background and all). I made it a goal and priority to do better in that area, and it would seem that I'm finally getting it. BUT ... I've never done TWO major papers in one semester ... can I do it? Can I be organized enough? I must deliberate, hopefully wisely.

No comments: