Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm so proud.

I got up at 5:30 this AM, and hit the Kiwanis park in Saskatoon for a Lululemon organized 6:00 AM yoga class to welcome in the summer solstice with sun salutations.

The weather could not have been more perfect. It was a warm 12 degrees (celsius) or so; once we started our vinyasa and got warmed up, sweaters weren't necessary. The river was to our left, the park all around us ... it was the perfect place for meditation and serenity, and the perfect time of day to feel the sun on our faces. I've never done yoga outside before, and it was an experience I'd love to repeat.

What an amazing way to start the day.

A good reminder for me that I must get back into the practice of yoga. I just love it too much not to be doing it all the time. It's too bad, really, that I love my yoga instructor in Calgary so much. She's ruined me for all others ... but I suppose I can search Saskatoon for someone in the meantime. I'm counting down the days until next April, when we move back to Calgary, when I can be in Donna's classes again. Jan, the instructor from the even today, was just great. I'd definitely go to a class with her again, I should look into where she teaches.

Less than a year.

I can make it.

Sigh. I feel all warm and tingly and airy now.

Yoga every morning - it's a goal.

1 comment:

tartanfrog said...

Good for you! And I'm sure you'll appreciate the added flexibility that you'll gain by the end of the year. (Tee hee hee).

I'm always meaning to get into yoga, but just can't get my head around the peacefulness and meditation part. I'm not good at blocking out all the clutter.

Hope to see you guys in August!