Thursday, September 18, 2008

Time Management

I've been trying to time manage, and I'm staying ahead everywhere that I NEED to, but I find that things that I WANT to do are starting to fall behind. Haven't found a chance to skip down to campus for an early morning picture of the fall leaves yet. Maybe next week. I did get the chance to treat myself to a non-fat, decaf, 1/2 sweet pumpkin spice latte yesterday though, and it was SOOOOOO good. Definitely brought home that feeling of fall. Also, haven't had time to round up all of my gym locker stuff from around the house yet ... maybe this weekend.

I have had time to keep up with most of my readings, even start on CANS for some classes (a huge thing for me), and attend an LSA Council meeting last night ... I even did the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument for ADR to find out what conflict resolution style I predominantly lean towards .... Collaboration if anyone is interested ... heh heh heh ... I'm a problem solver. A fellow student even showed me where a sneaky little cafeteria is in the hospital across from the law school, where I could grab some grub before my evening class. I love learning about new sneaky little places.

I'm almost ready to take pictures of our bathroom renos, to show everyone how far we've come ... just need to do some last minute cleaning, and find some shelves and a towel rack. You'd think this would be easy, but we've already checked 2 Home Depots, Rona, J&H Builders, Jysk and Walmart for the shelves ... to find nothing like I'm wanting. I may have to settle for glass wall shelves instead of the Ikea LACK type shelves that I'm wanting (the LACK shelves themselves are too long for the space I want to put them in). The 2 Home Depots had the towel rack that I wanted, but were both out of stock. Sigh. This bathroom has been a real test of my patience, I tell you. As an aside ... who the heck pays more than $50 for a towel rack? There were tons of those available at Home Depot, but it blows my mind that any towel rack could be worth more than $50. Really?

No comments: