Monday, October 01, 2007

This Is What I Was Thinking on the Bus Today

I warn you in advance, it's pretty random, and I have no idea where it came from.

I've always been jealous of the fact that people with shorter legs look better when they sit cross-legged on the floor.

I know.

My legs are on the longish end of the spectrum, and while I'd never complain about it (especially now that most jean labels are carrying 34 lengths as a rule), when I sit cross-legged on the floor, I look like an awkward gangly flamingo ... all lengths and corners and gangly awkwardness. I don't look like a concise, symmetrical package.

I've always been jealous.

I warned you. Random.

This weekend was a flurry of activity. My In-Laws came, and helped us crank through an inordinate amount of housework. My Father-in-Law even risked his neck by getting up on our roof and cleaning out our eaves troughs (it had been awhile - I'm thinking YEARS, it was a pretty dramatic undertaking).

Suffice it to say, that I'm physically and mentally drained, and today is one of my longest school days. I'm done. Like dinner ... although, not MY dinner specifically ... speaking of which ... thank GOD for left-overs. Re-heating is SOOO on the agenda ... the thought of actually starting fresh to COOK is making me want to heave. Hopefully, nobody is reading this while they're eating ... hee hee.

I submitted a bunch of applications today (yup ... the deadline day) for the Calgary law firms that are holding OCI's (On Campus Interviews). I'm in the usual flurry of insecure anticipation right now, which probably won't end until I hear about the outcome.

Cross your fingers for me people!

OK. No more thinking about things that aren't in my control.

Classes were pretty good today. Wills was neat - we're talking about incorporation and conditional wills. Debtor-Creditor was a review of execution against personal property. Evidence was an overview of criminal and civil procedure as it pertains to evidence. Bus Org was all about corporate structure as it pertains to law; addressing the mischief that can occur when ownership and control are separated.

And now ... I look forward to vegging, watching a movie with the Hubster, and perhaps even allowing myself to bask in the warm glow of Thanksgiving anticipation. So far, I'm not doing TOO badly with creating a reserve in the paunch for the feasting to come ... but I could probably do a little better. Darn those Dibs and their delicious little bundles of tastiness. Darn them all!!!

PS. How awesome is the Saskatoon Landfill? They have a stellar set-up. Just saying!!

No comments: