Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ladybugs and Wasps

Saskatoon is full of them. I've never seen more ladybugs or wasps in my life.

An another note - with the help of Jason over the phone - I've got my wireless working on campus (yay) ... and I am reminded how disabled I feel with no internet connection at home. Things that would be easy, usually, are difficult. Where is a car wash, what time is the library open, how much are the various student parking lots? These are a few of the questions that I wish I had the all knowing deity Google to answer for me.

So ... to catch everyone up on what's up with me, yesterday was the final of two days of Orientation at U of S law. Rather than tell you all EXACTLY what we did, here are the highlites, as I see them:

- There is a lot of reading in law school - prepare for this.
- Barristers and Solicitors are not the same thing.
- Paying for parking daily really sucks.

These points are kind of jokes, but in all I would say that the Orientation is worth going to. I did not attend the Keg party and pub night that have been LSA events so far, but there's some fun stuff coming up that I hope to participate in.

I did buy an LSA membership, which got me a locker in the law building (which has actually been handy so far). The LSA sets up camp all week in the law building, so you do have time to make your choice. Membership is $25, but they offer a lot of activities and such.

I've already hit the gym here (yay), and the facilities are super nice. I really want to get a phys.ed locker, though, so I don't have to haul my shower stuff all over campus with me.

I've had my first Constitutional law class, which looks to be interesting, yet perhaps dry at times. There was no reading that we were expected to have done today, but starting Monday, we're to be on the reading train.

I bought all of my books yesterday, new, at the U of S bookstore. I spent $400 (keep in mind that I already had my contracts book), and I still have to get 2 more which were out of stock. Much better than I was expecting. I warned the security guard there that he better know CPR, because when I heard the total for my books, I may just have a coronary. Luckily, we didn't have to bring out any First Aid action, I survived.

Anyhow, I have much internet surfing to catch up on, and some serious studying to do (I am a serious academic, you know).

No comments: